Recipe: Gluten-free chocolate peanut butter cookies with salted date filling
These chewy and gooey bite-size sweet treats are not only delicious, but gluten-free.
1 cup Pic’s Really Good Peanut Butter
¾ cup coconut sugar
1 free range egg
50g quality cocoa powder
1 cup medjool dates
1 tablespoon Pic’s Really Good Cashew Butter (optional)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons water
To serve: fresh raspberries
Preheat oven to 170°C. Line 1 large baking tray with baking paper.
Combine cookie ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Scoop into 24 equal-sized balls and place on baking tray. Bake for about 15 minutes until golden and semi-firm.
To make the filling, blitz all ingredients in a blender until smooth and creamy. Salt to taste.
Transfer filling to a piping bag if you have one… or cut the corner off a zip-lock bag and use instead. Once cookies are completely cool, pipe a generous amount of filling over the bottom of one cookie placing the other on top.
Serve with fresh raspberries. Makes: 12
- Are the environmentally-friendly farming methods at Mangarara Station the future of New Zealand agriculture?
- Make your own beeswax food wraps
- Divine conversion of a stone church into holiday home costs twice the budget
- 13 things to know about growing & eating rhubarb
- Are hedgehogs are pest in New Zealand?