Be in to win a weekend for two in Reefton with two nights’ lodging, dinner, and backyard tour, valued at $1075
Win a weekend for two in Reefton, including two nights at converted jailhouse and four-star lodging ‘The Old Gaol’, dinner at Dawsons Hotel and a tour with Reefton Distilling Co, all valued at $1075.
The Reefton weekend getaway package includes:
• Two nights’ accommodation and breakfast hamper for two at ‘The Old Gaol’, a carefully restored jailhouse providing visitors with a historic experience in fully self-contained four-star luxury, valued at $370
• Dinner for two at the historic Dawsons Hotel, valued at $130
• Reefton Distilling Co’s Biddy’s Backyard Premium Tour for two, which traces the footsteps of Reefton legend Little Biddy, a pipe-smoking, gin-toting, 4-foot-tall goldminer, valued at $575
The Old Gaol
Reefton’s latest accommodation offering is ‘The Old Gaol’.
As its name portrays, this building which once provided lodgings of a different kind, has now been carefully restored to provide visitors with a truly historic experience in fully self-contained four-star luxury in the heart of Reefton.
Dawson’s Hotel established in 1874 offers a range of comfortable motel units to suit groups of all sizes, including single, twin, double and family rooms.
The restaurant and bar is famous for its friendly hospitality, the chef and his staff take pride in making great food, that tastes as good as it looks. The restaurant offers a full menu from 11-3pm and 5-9pm.
Reefton Distilling Co. Biddy’s Backyard Premium Tour
A fascinating glimpse into the life of the woman who embodied the term ‘gutsy West Coaster’. This special tour runs on select days each month, and traces Biddy’s footsteps in the Reefton area. Hosted by Nigel and Steffan McKay, Reefton ambassadors, water prospectors and historians, this tour will create a memory to treasure.
Entries close 2s June 2019.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• The prize includes two-nights accommodation (fully self-contained) for two and breakfast hamper for two at the The Old Gaol in Reefton, valued at $370. The prize also includes dinner for two at Dawson’s Hotel (restriction to current menu of the day items to the value of $130), valued at $130, and Reefton Distilling Co.’s Biddy’s Backyard Premium Tour for two, valued at $575.
• One entry per person. The prize is non-transferable and not redeemable for cash. No exchanges will be made.
• The judge’s decision is final.
• All entrants must be aged 18 years or over and live in New Zealand.
• Employees of NZ Life & Leisure magazine, Lifestyle Magazine Group, the Promoter, associated sponsor(s) and their immediate families and agencies are not permitted to enter.
• Entries are the property of NZ Life & Leisure magazine and may be used for promotional purposes by NZ Life & Leisure.
• By entering this competition, you are opting in to receive marketing emails from NZ Life & Leisure and promotion partners. Email newsletters may contain product information, regional updates or special offers. You may withdraw your consent at any time by clicking on the Unsubscribe link contained in our emails.
• Entries close 21 June 2019.
• The winning entries for the prize will be drawn 24 June 2019 and the winners will be notified via email or phone that week. If the winners have not confirmed acceptance of their prizes within three days the prizes will be redrawn.
• Accommodation must be booked between 1 July – 1 October 2019 (Block out periods include all New Zealand school and public holiday dates along with all other special event periods). Bookings must be based on availability and made directly with the ‘The Old Gaol’, contact details will be provided after the prize is drawn. Prize does not include travel or transportation.
• Winner must notify Dawson’s Hotel and Reefton Distillery Distilling Co. at least seven days in advance prior to desired dinner and tour date. (Block out periods include all New Zealand school and public holiday dates along with all other special event periods) Contact details will be provided after the prize is drawn.
• The prize must be taken before 1 February, 2020.
• Accommodation may not be available during peak periods. The prize winner is responsible for paying all additional costs associated with the prize that are not specifically included in the prize description, including (where applicable) transport, meal costs, spending money, insurance and all other incidentals – including additional guests.
• The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value.
• In the event that the prize becomes unavailable for reasons beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter may substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
• The Promoter and their agents are not responsible for any loss or damage whatsoever that is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury suffered or sustained during the course of the promotion or accepting or using the prize.