Recipe: blackcurrant and manuka and lemon honey bliss balls
½ cup raw (natural) almonds
½ cup Medjool dates, pitted
¼ cup shredded coconut or coconut chips
3 tablespoons walnuts, toasted
3 tablespoons pumpkin seeds, toasted
1 tablespoon sunflower seeds, toasted
2 tablespoons Manuka & Lemon Honey (we used Crown Range Cellar )
½ -1 teaspoon Blackcurrant Powder (we used Crown Range Cellar)
finely grated zest and juice of 1 small lemon
2 tablespoons finely chopped pistachio nuts for rolling, or toasted coconut
Place all the ingredients except the pistachio nuts in a food processor and process until combined, but the mixture still retains some texture.
Roll mixture into even-sized balls, then roll in the pistachio nuts.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Makes 15.
Jing Song is both artist and entrepreneur. On the one hand shrewd and measured as a managing director, growing Crown Range Cellar into a bustling business. On the other an artist, throwing toga parties, sketching and making slightly bonkers short films. Click here to meet Jing.
- Lee-Anne and Todd Jago talk about finding their tūrangawaewae and launching Maori tourism business Waka Abel Tasman
- 5 easy-to-grow summer flowers for homemade bouquets
- A guide to gravity-fed water systems
- 5 amazing food forest gardens
- Meet the Barrett whanau the guardians of bird-lover’s paradise Kapiti island and Kapiti Island Nature Tours lodge