Recipe: blackcurrant and manuka and lemon honey bliss balls
½ cup raw (natural) almonds
½ cup Medjool dates, pitted
¼ cup shredded coconut or coconut chips
3 tablespoons walnuts, toasted
3 tablespoons pumpkin seeds, toasted
1 tablespoon sunflower seeds, toasted
2 tablespoons Manuka & Lemon Honey (we used Crown Range Cellar )
½ -1 teaspoon Blackcurrant Powder (we used Crown Range Cellar)
finely grated zest and juice of 1 small lemon
2 tablespoons finely chopped pistachio nuts for rolling, or toasted coconut
Place all the ingredients except the pistachio nuts in a food processor and process until combined, but the mixture still retains some texture.
Roll mixture into even-sized balls, then roll in the pistachio nuts.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Makes 15.
Jing Song is both artist and entrepreneur. On the one hand shrewd and measured as a managing director, growing Crown Range Cellar into a bustling business. On the other an artist, throwing toga parties, sketching and making slightly bonkers short films. Click here to meet Jing.
- Recipe: Ruth Pretty’s Little Fish Pies with Parmesan Crumble
- A Wellington mum transforms the front lawn of her 800sqm (1/5 acre) section into a thriving productive vegetable garden
- How artist Emma Bass harnesses the healing power of beauty in her floral works of art inspired by the Dutch Golden Age
- Kitesurfing by day, teepees by night: This Matakana couple’s outdoor businesses are just as spontaneous as they are
- 5 tips to drying firewood