What’s On: Astroman at Q Theatre, Auckland
Astroman by Albert Belz, a co-production with Te Rēhia Theatre Company and Auckland Theatre Company in association with Auckland Arts Festival, 16 March – 6 April Q Theatre, Auckland.
It’s 1983 and it’s on like Donkey Kong!
A throwback to the decade of spacies, Poi E and Michael Jackson, award-winning Māori playwright Albert Belz’s retro Kiwi comedy oozes sweet sweet ’80s nostalgia!
Young Hemi ‘Jimmy’ Te Rehua is the king of the Whakatāne Astrocade Amusement Parlour. But while there’s no limit to his domination of the Pac-Man and Galaga high-score charts, this boy genius hasn’t yet worked out how to beat the game of life.
In the spirit of classic coming-of-age tales Stand By Me and Boy, Astroman is a touching story of family, friendship and courage filled with heart, charm and hilarity.
“A pure Adrenalin hit of nostalgia” – Artshub
“Laugh-out-loud funny” – Stuff
For ticketing and show details visit www.atc.co.nz
- How a small Waikato farm harnesses the power of Paulownia, the fastest-growing tree in the world
- A tried and tested Blackboy peach bottling recipe
- Classic baking: Yoyo recipe
- Set designer Megan Vertelle’s upcycled Piha villa is an off-screen showstopper
- New Zealand-designed raincoats receive torrents of praise