What’s On: Ruth Pretty’s Don’t fry for me Argentina
Learn to cook the Argentinian way, at Ruth Pretty’s Don’t fry for me Argentina cooking course at the Ruth Pretty Cooking School in Te Horo, February 22 and March 14.
Eating “divine” beef at Buenos Aires’ top steakhouse recently was an OMG moment, says Ruth.
So now she is busy planning her own version of that experience, perfectly timed for some smart yet relatively casual entertaining in the late summer sun, over the barbecue. With good Argentinian red wine.
A keen food traveller, Ruth was “blown away by the quality of the grass-fed beef, using different cuts and different ways of cooking it. I thought New Zealanders would love it too.
More good news: the beef will be matched with some gutsy Argentinian red wines. Ruth and Paul think the combination will be very appealing.
Some of Argentinian chef Don Julio’s techniques are quite different from ours. Ruth believes these differences are part of the appeal but of course she won’t reveal them here.
Steak lovers will have to come along and taste for themselves. But it’s not all meaty – there will be lots of complementary dishes, vegetables, salads and desserts. Santa would say this is an ideal gift for the meat-lovers on your gift list.
Saturday 22 February 2020
Saturday 14 March 2020
10.00am – 4.00pm, morning tea served from 9.15am
41 School Road
Te Horo 5544
- Recipe: Ruth Pretty’s Little Fish Pies with Parmesan Crumble
- How artist Emma Bass harnesses the healing power of beauty in her floral works of art inspired by the Dutch Golden Age
- A Wellington mum transforms the front lawn of her 800sqm (1/5 acre) section into a thriving productive vegetable garden
- Kitesurfing by day, teepees by night: This Matakana couple’s outdoor businesses are just as spontaneous as they are
- 5 tips to drying firewood