Podcast: The Off-Topic Book Club review Adnan’s Story
This month The Off-Topic Book Club do a podcast about a case made famous by a podcast.
Janet, Cheree, Kate and Rosemarie discuss Adnan’s Story, a non fiction book covering the murder case of Hae Min Lee, first made famous by the Serial podcast. Sixteen years ago Adnan Syed was sentenced to life plus thirty years for the murder of high school senior Hae but he has maintained his innocence. On June 30 2016 a judge granted Adnan a new trial as a result of a Post-Conviction Relief Hearing in February 2016. The court ruled in favour of Adnan on a singular issue – that his attorney had failed in her duty to properly cross-examine an expert in his trial. The book, written by Adnan’s family friend Rabia Chaudry, reexamines the details of the case and offers more details of Adnan’s life before his conviction.
Adnan’s Story by Rabia Chaudry. Published by Penguin Random House, RRP $40 from Mighty Ape.
- Lee-Anne and Todd Jago talk about finding their tūrangawaewae and launching Maori tourism business Waka Abel Tasman
- 5 easy-to-grow summer flowers for homemade bouquets
- A guide to gravity-fed water systems
- 5 amazing food forest gardens
- Meet the Barrett whanau the guardians of bird-lover’s paradise Kapiti island and Kapiti Island Nature Tours lodge