Podcast: The Off-Topic Book Club review Adnan’s Story
This month The Off-Topic Book Club do a podcast about a case made famous by a podcast.
Janet, Cheree, Kate and Rosemarie discuss Adnan’s Story, a non fiction book covering the murder case of Hae Min Lee, first made famous by the Serial podcast. Sixteen years ago Adnan Syed was sentenced to life plus thirty years for the murder of high school senior Hae but he has maintained his innocence. On June 30 2016 a judge granted Adnan a new trial as a result of a Post-Conviction Relief Hearing in February 2016. The court ruled in favour of Adnan on a singular issue – that his attorney had failed in her duty to properly cross-examine an expert in his trial. The book, written by Adnan’s family friend Rabia Chaudry, reexamines the details of the case and offers more details of Adnan’s life before his conviction.
Adnan’s Story by Rabia Chaudry. Published by Penguin Random House, RRP $40 from Mighty Ape.
- A couple’s decades-long mission to save New Zealand’s heritage seeds and fruit trees at the Koanga Institute
- Recipe: Caralee Fontenele’s Banana Bread in a Mug
- A green-thumbed couple transformed their dry block into a perennial food forest and bountiful permaculture farm
- Signs your chickens might have gapeworm PLUS how to treat it
- Autoimmune disorders: These are the common diseases, symptoms and treatments to know