Recipe: Freshly minted berry smoothie
During our March/April 2017 issue, all NZ subscribers (new, current and renewing) will be in the draw to win one of two Vitamix Professional Series 750, valued at $1595 each. The below recipe is an example of something delicious the winners will be able to create.
480 ml (2 cups) almond milk
2 kiwis, peeled
2 pitted dates, dried
70 g (1 cup) chopped kale
90 g (1 cup) mint leaves
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
280 g (2 cups) frozen mixed berries
Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid. Select Variable 1.
Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
Blend for 1 minute or until desired consistency is reached.
Click here to subscribe to NZ Life & Leisure, and be in the draw to win a Vitamix.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series and G-Series machines with Variable Speed control and 2.0-litre container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
- 5 tips to drying firewood
- Riparian planting: 17 trees that turn wet areas into a food-growing zone
- Make your own beeswax food wraps
- NZ Lifestyle Block Smart Series Part Four: Architect Julie Villard’s eco home built with cross-laminated timber — and a French touch
- How to use horse manure with no regrets