Recipe: Ruth Pretty’s decadent chocolate-stuffed dates
Serve up this decadent, fruity finger food at your next party.
RECIPE: CHOCOLATE-STUFFED DATES
50g dried apricots, finely chopped
30g crystallized ginger, finely chopped
50g raisins, roughly chopped
75ml brandy, warmed
50g pistachio nuts, toasted and chopped
560g (25) fresh dates
50g dark chocolate, melted
Put apricots, ginger and raisins in a bowl. Pour over the brandy and set aside to macerate for at least 20 minutes. Add the pistachios and stir to combine.
Cut dates along one side and remove the stones. Fill each date with a teaspoon of the brandied fruit mixture making sure it is lightly oozing out of the date. Drizzle the chocolate in a diagonal pattern over the top of the dates. Refrigerate until required, then serve at room temperature. Makes 25
Love this story? Subscribe now!
- Make your own beeswax food wraps: updated recipe
- Recipe: Ruth Pretty’s Feijoa, Date and Ginger Loaf
- Two great feijoa recipes: Feijoa chutney and feijoa loaf
- How good peach tree pruning can make your tree more productive
- Award-winning Gisborne fishery East Rock looks to the future with transparent and sustainable practices