Recipe: Strawberry and Rocket Salad
Don’t reserve strawberries just for pavlova – liven up your salads with a few colourful berries.
Recipe: Jane Bellerby
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
Optional: ricotta, pomegranate seeds
Wash and dry the arugula, and rinse, hull and slice the strawberries. Soak the strawberries in 1 tbsp of the vinegar in a bowl for 10 minutes. In a separate bowl whisk together the remaining vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Add the arugula and vinaigrette to the bowl of strawberries and toss. You can add in a handful of pomegranate seeds and top with spoonfuls of ricotta to finish.
Love this story? Subscribe now!
- Taranaki’s host with the most: Nice Hotel owner Terry Parkes transforms an historic home into a maximalist masterpiece
- Signs your chickens might have gapeworm PLUS how to treat it
- Odd reasons your chicken might be lame
- How to recognise and treat respiratory problems in chickens
- Slower walking, ageing fast: Why gait speed may be an ageing indicator