Ruth Pretty’s Pineapple sage infusion
Pineapple sage, which seems to flower all year round, is one of my favourites.
Recipe: Ruth Pretty Photo: Carolyn Robertson
A tisane or infusion is a drink made by steeping fresh or dried herbs in hot water. Pineapple sage, which seems to flower all year round, is one of my favourites.
Cut a small bunch of pineapple sage; place in a tall jug. Cover with boiling water, stir quickly and steep for 3-4 minutes.
Serve in cups, mugs or heavy tumblers.
Love this story? Subscribe now!
- Make your own beeswax food wraps: updated recipe
- Recipe: Ruth Pretty’s Feijoa, Date and Ginger Loaf
- Two great feijoa recipes: Feijoa chutney and feijoa loaf
- How good peach tree pruning can make your tree more productive
- Award-winning Gisborne fishery East Rock looks to the future with transparent and sustainable practices