Ruth Pretty’s Pineapple sage infusion
Pineapple sage, which seems to flower all year round, is one of my favourites.
Recipe: Ruth Pretty Photo: Carolyn Robertson
A tisane or infusion is a drink made by steeping fresh or dried herbs in hot water. Pineapple sage, which seems to flower all year round, is one of my favourites.
Cut a small bunch of pineapple sage; place in a tall jug. Cover with boiling water, stir quickly and steep for 3-4 minutes.
Serve in cups, mugs or heavy tumblers.
Love this story? Subscribe now!
- Introducing the new foodie favourite finger limes — how to grow them in New Zealand
- Make your own beeswax food wraps: updated recipe
- Three lemon recipes: Zesty Quinoa Bowl, Lemony leeks, preserved lemons
- 6 great companions for fruit trees
- True or false? A poultry expert quashes common egg and chicken myths