Ruth Pretty’s Pineapple sage infusion
Pineapple sage, which seems to flower all year round, is one of my favourites.
Recipe: Ruth Pretty Photo: Carolyn Robertson
A tisane or infusion is a drink made by steeping fresh or dried herbs in hot water. Pineapple sage, which seems to flower all year round, is one of my favourites.
Cut a small bunch of pineapple sage; place in a tall jug. Cover with boiling water, stir quickly and steep for 3-4 minutes.
Serve in cups, mugs or heavy tumblers.
Love this story? Subscribe now!
- Poultry expert Sue Clarke explains how to feed your hens the correct amount of calcium and grit to lay good eggs
- 5 tips to drying firewood
- Odd reasons your chicken might be lame
- Signs your chickens might have gapeworm PLUS how to treat it
- Recipe: Chunky Monkey Feijoa Chutney (the best-ever feijoa chutney recipe, skins included)