Screen Sirens Podcast: A Wrinkle in Time film review
The Screen Sirens didn’t enjoy watching A Wrinkle in Time, starring Oprah Winfrey, although they have a lot of fun discussing the Disney fantasy film in their latest podcast.
Improv comedian CJ Le Mon, of the Improv Bandits joins Emma to discuss A Wrinkle in Time, the new fantasy family movie, filmed in New Zealand.
The film based on the 1962 book by Madeleine L’Engle brings to life the story of Meg Murry, a troubled teen who travels across dimensions to rescue her scientist father (Chris Pine). Meg is guided by a trio of mysterious beings called “the Mrs” played by Oprah Winfrey, Reese Witherspoon and Mindy Kaling.
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST HERE
Although the Screen Sirens and other critics have been less enthusiastic about A Wrinkle in Time, Oprah Winfrey told Maori TV’s Native Affairs she enjoyed filming the movie in New Zealand.
“Usually I can’t wait to get home because I love my own backyard so much. New Zealand fills me up so deeply that I don’t have the usual longing to get home,” she told Maori TV’s Aroha Awarau.
Have you seen the film? Email us your thoughts on firstname.lastname@example.org
LISTEN TO MORE PODCASTS HERE
- Make your own beeswax food wraps: updated recipe
- Two plastic-free projects: How to make an origami paper bin liner and a paper kete (basket)
- A Timaru roller-derby dame’s slice of life is colourful, retro, and everything in-between
- Jim Kayes’ Blog: The unworried well
- July garden tips: Everything to do in the garden to prepare for warmer weather (hint: it’s time to start sowing)