DIY Project: Make a bandana for your small dog
Small pooches can step up their style with this easy-to-make bandana.
Words and photos supplied by Spotlight
1/2 metre of fabric, we used cotton print
Cotton thread to coordinate
Step 1: Using template cut two from fabric making sure to place pattern on fold as indicated.
Note: if using a one way print place pattern as you would want print to face when finished.
Step 2: Pin right sides together (fabric print inwards). Sew .5cm seam around edge, pivoting at the corners & point. Remember to leave an opening where indicated on pattern template so you can turn out.
Step 3: Turn out and iron. Stitch around edge ensuring to close neatly the opening.
Step 4: Lastly, fold over where indicated on template and sew on the edge to fasten so dog collar can be passed through. To make for a larger dog increase pattern size by 1/2.
- Recipe: Kiri’s Lemon Tart
- The ultimate spring garden guide: All the vegetables to plant to kickstart your garden
- Recipe: Joanna Gaines’ Chicken Florentine
- A Motueka couple’s long road to importing cute, toy-like Valais Blacknose sheep halfway around the world to New Zealand
- Signs your chickens might have gapeworm PLUS how to treat it