Free pattern: crochet fingerless mittens
These fingerless mittens are an easy to make winter project, perfect for crochet beginners.
Pattern and design: Jane Wrigglesworth
Crochet hook, 4mm (for hand) and 5mm (for cuff)
100% wool (we used Naturally Loyal 8ply 100% NZ wool in shade 941
sc single crochet
sl st slip stitch
dc double crochet
(using 5mm crochet hook)
Row 1: Sc into second ch from hook. Work 1 sc in every ch. Turn.
Rows 2-34: Ch 1, work 1 sc in back loop of every sc. Turn.Fold the cuff and join the last row to the first row with sl sts.
Hand: (4mm crochet hook)
Crochet along edge of the cuff.
Round 1: Ch 3, 1 dc into first ch, *sk next sc row on cuff edge and work 2 dc into edge of next sc row; repeat from * until you meet the beg of round 1. Sl st into top of ch 3.
Round 2: Ch 3, 1 dc into first ch, continue working 2 dc into each space until you meet the beg of round 2. Sl st into top of ch 3.
Rounds 3-7: Same as round 2.
Round 8 (edging for thumb hole): Ch 1, sc 14, sl st into first ch joining to make thumb hole. Continue around hand as for round 2.
Round 9-11: Same as round 2.
Round 12: Ch 1, sc until you reach the beg of the round. Sl st in ch 1.
Round 13: Same as round 12. Cut yarn and weave in ends neatly.
PROJECTS YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
- 12 delicious boredom-busting baking ideas
- Recipe: Chunky Monkey Feijoa Chutney (the best-ever feijoa recipe, skins included)
- Recipe: Garden Greens (silverbeet, beetroot greens or spinach) & Feta Filo Pie
- 10 easy recipes that make the most of pantry staples or leftovers
- Hard work and scenic views: High country sheep farmers Will and Ems Murray are earning the good life at Glenmore Station