Read our digital edition of NZ Lifestyle Block May 2020
I hope you’re all safe and healthy in your bubble, and welcome to our digital edition. We didn’t want you to miss out on NZ Lifestyle Block because lockdown restrictions mean we are unable to print or distribute a printed magazine for May.
If you’re a current subscriber to NZ Lifestyle Block, this digital edition is yours to keep and read forever. For a limited time, it’s also a gift you can give to your family, friends, neighbours, so please pass this email on and sign up as many people as you can.
While it feels like the world around us has changed forever, some things have stayed the same. One of my resident steers moved himself from the paddock to the garden with an elegant jump and a flick of the tail. Mice made it into the kitchen, decimating two boxes of cereal and a bottle of hand cream. The cutlery drawer went Code Brown on three occasions. On the plus side, I now know the most efficient way to sanitise and dry 73 knives, forks, and spoons in just a few minutes, no dishwasher required.
I hope your bubble is pest-free, and as always, thank you for supporting us. (If the pests are bugging you, try these tips.)
Editor, NZ Lifestyle Block
PS We’ve worked hard to make this e-issue a comfortable, easy-to-use reading experience for you. If you’re unsure about what to do, please read our great guide here.
- A couple’s decades-long mission to save New Zealand’s heritage seeds and fruit trees at the Koanga Institute
- Recipe: Caralee Fontenele’s Banana Bread in a Mug
- A green-thumbed couple transformed their dry block into a perennial food forest and bountiful permaculture farm
- Signs your chickens might have gapeworm PLUS how to treat it
- Autoimmune disorders: These are the common diseases, symptoms and treatments to know