Recipe: Gluten-free chocolate peanut butter cookies with salted date filling
These chewy and gooey bite-size sweet treats are not only delicious, but gluten-free.
1 cup Pic’s Really Good Peanut Butter
¾ cup coconut sugar
1 free range egg
50g quality cocoa powder
1 cup medjool dates
1 tablespoon Pic’s Really Good Cashew Butter (optional)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons water
To serve: fresh raspberries
Preheat oven to 170°C. Line 1 large baking tray with baking paper.
Combine cookie ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Scoop into 24 equal-sized balls and place on baking tray. Bake for about 15 minutes until golden and semi-firm.
To make the filling, blitz all ingredients in a blender until smooth and creamy. Salt to taste.
Transfer filling to a piping bag if you have one… or cut the corner off a zip-lock bag and use instead. Once cookies are completely cool, pipe a generous amount of filling over the bottom of one cookie placing the other on top.
Serve with fresh raspberries. Makes: 12
- Lee-Anne and Todd Jago talk about finding their tūrangawaewae and launching Maori tourism business Waka Abel Tasman
- 5 easy-to-grow summer flowers for homemade bouquets
- A guide to gravity-fed water systems
- 5 amazing food forest gardens
- Meet the Barrett whanau the guardians of bird-lover’s paradise Kapiti island and Kapiti Island Nature Tours lodge