Recipe: Raw vegan coconut yoghurt tarts
Recipe: Cathedral Cove Naturals
Photo: Simon Young
1 cup any Cathedral Cove Naturals Super Cereals or Lightly Toasted Organic Muesli
1 tablespoon Cathedral Cove Naturals Raw Organic Coconut Oil
1 tablespoon cashew butter or other nut butter
¼ cup dried dates (optional, if not using dates
use another tablespoon of nut butter)
6 tablespoons coconut yoghurt
edible flowers (optional)
Grease a mini muffin tray with coconut oil.
In a food processor, combine the cereal, coconut oil, nut butter and dates and process until a sticky mixture forms. Press about a heaped teaspoon of this mixture into each mini muffin mould. Put these in the freezer for half an hour or so.
Once these have set, take the tarts out of the muffin tray, spoon coconut yoghurt into the tart base and top with fresh strawberries, crushed pistachios and edible flowers, if using.
Best served immediately but will keep stored in the fridge in an airtight container for a few days. Makes 8
Love this story? Subscribe now!
- A couple’s decades-long mission to save New Zealand’s heritage seeds and fruit trees at the Koanga Institute
- Recipe: Caralee Fontenele’s Banana Bread in a Mug
- Autoimmune disorders: These are the common diseases, symptoms and treatments to know
- A green-thumbed couple transformed their dry block into a perennial food forest and bountiful permaculture farm
- New Zealand farmers diversify incomes with PurePod luxury glass cabins