Recipe: Raw vegan coconut yoghurt tarts
Recipe: Cathedral Cove Naturals
Photo: Simon Young
1 cup any Cathedral Cove Naturals Super Cereals or Lightly Toasted Organic Muesli
1 tablespoon Cathedral Cove Naturals Raw Organic Coconut Oil
1 tablespoon cashew butter or other nut butter
¼ cup dried dates (optional, if not using dates
use another tablespoon of nut butter)
6 tablespoons coconut yoghurt
edible flowers (optional)
Grease a mini muffin tray with coconut oil.
In a food processor, combine the cereal, coconut oil, nut butter and dates and process until a sticky mixture forms. Press about a heaped teaspoon of this mixture into each mini muffin mould. Put these in the freezer for half an hour or so.
Once these have set, take the tarts out of the muffin tray, spoon coconut yoghurt into the tart base and top with fresh strawberries, crushed pistachios and edible flowers, if using.
Best served immediately but will keep stored in the fridge in an airtight container for a few days. Makes 8
Love this story? Subscribe now!
- How a small Waikato farm harnesses the power of Paulownia, the fastest-growing tree in the world
- A tried and tested Blackboy peach bottling recipe
- Classic baking: Yoyo recipe
- Set designer Megan Vertelle’s upcycled Piha villa is an off-screen showstopper
- New Zealand-designed raincoats receive torrents of praise