Podcast: The Off-Topic Book Club review Adnan’s Story
This month The Off-Topic Book Club do a podcast about a case made famous by a podcast.
Janet, Cheree, Kate and Rosemarie discuss Adnan’s Story, a non fiction book covering the murder case of Hae Min Lee, first made famous by the Serial podcast. Sixteen years ago Adnan Syed was sentenced to life plus thirty years for the murder of high school senior Hae but he has maintained his innocence. On June 30 2016 a judge granted Adnan a new trial as a result of a Post-Conviction Relief Hearing in February 2016. The court ruled in favour of Adnan on a singular issue – that his attorney had failed in her duty to properly cross-examine an expert in his trial. The book, written by Adnan’s family friend Rabia Chaudry, reexamines the details of the case and offers more details of Adnan’s life before his conviction.
Adnan’s Story by Rabia Chaudry. Published by Penguin Random House, RRP $40 from Mighty Ape.
- Are the environmentally-friendly farming methods at Mangarara Station the future of New Zealand agriculture?
- Make your own beeswax food wraps
- Divine conversion of a stone church into holiday home costs twice the budget
- 13 things to know about growing & eating rhubarb
- Are hedgehogs are pest in New Zealand?