3 delicious ways to use up a peach glut this summer
Make the most of a late summer peach glut with three quick (and tasty) recipes.
Words: Jenny Somervell
There are many variations but one easy one is 1 cup diced peaches, 1 cup diced tomato, ½ cup diced red onion, ¼ cup chopped coriander, 1 finely chopped jalapeno, 1 tbsp lemon juice and 2 tsp sugar. Can be eaten with corn chips, on crackers or toast, or with chicken and fish dishes.
PEACH ICE CUBES
Peel and slice four peaches, add 1 tbsp of lemon juice and blend, then pour into ice cube trays. Use in sweet tea or add to rum.
Blend 800g peaches, 2 tbsp honey, 1 tbsp lemon juice, ½ tsp vanilla, ¼ tsp ginger and ¼ tsp nutmeg until smooth. Add a cup of vanilla Greek yoghurt and pulse until just mixed. Pour into popsicle moulds and push sticks into the middle. Freeze.
Love this story? Subscribe now!
- Poultry expert Sue Clarke explains how to feed your hens the correct amount of calcium and grit to lay good eggs
- 5 tips to drying firewood
- Odd reasons your chicken might be lame
- Signs your chickens might have gapeworm PLUS how to treat it
- Recipe: Chunky Monkey Feijoa Chutney (the best-ever feijoa chutney recipe, skins included)