Recipe: Balsamic strawberry bruschetta
If you’re looking for something fresh and flavoursome this summer, give this balsamic strawberry bruschetta a go.
1 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tsp sugar
1 French bread stick
2 cups strawberries, sliced
1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
Pinch ground sea salt
½ cup feta
Bring vinegar and sugar to the boil, and cook until reduced by half (15 minutes or so). Remove from heat and leave to cool for an hour or until room temperature. Once cooled, mix balsamic/sugar syrup, strawberries, basil and salt in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for an hour. Cut bread into eight, 1cm thick slices and toast. Crumble feta and sprinkle about 1tbsp onto each piece of bread, then top with strawberries. Garnish with fresh basil.
Love this story? Subscribe now!
- 12 delicious boredom-busting baking ideas
- 12 breathtaking views from high-country stations, farms and orchards around New Zealand
- How New Plymouth gardener Carl Freeman makes a living from his 1000sqm vegetable garden
- A beginner’s guide to growing microgreens: Step-by-step growing guide
- Stay in touch with NZ Life & Leisure and NZ Lifestyle Block