Recipe: Blackcurrant Muffins
Put a fresh and healthy twist on muffins by swapping out blueberries for organic blackcurrants. They have twice as many antioxidants as blueberries and five times the vitamin C of oranges.
Recipe by Viberi
1½ cups sugar
½ cup canola or other neutral cooking oil
½ teaspoon vanilla essence
1 cup natural yoghurt
2 cups self-raising flour
1¼ cups frozen Viberi Organic Frozen Blackcurrants
Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases. Beat the eggs and sugar until the mixture is pale yellow. Add the oil, vanilla and yoghurt and beat for another minute. Stir in the flour and once the batter is evenly mixed, stir in the blackcurrants. Spoon the batter into the muffin cases and bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Makes 12
Love this story? Subscribe now!
- ‘How e-scooters, macaroni cheese and a kowhai helped me save 3.4 tonnes of carbon’: Emma Rawson tackles her carbon footprint with the FutureFit calculator
- How to recognise and treat respiratory problems in chickens
- Signs your chickens might have gapeworm PLUS how to treat it
- Odd reasons your chicken might be lame
- Recipe: Kiri’s Lemon Tart