Recipe: Broccoli & Parmesan Morsels
These miniature morsels get their cute shape from a mini muffin tin.
Recipe: Julie Legg
Canola oil, for greasing and frying
½ cup raw almonds
2 cups of broccoli florets and stems (peeled), steamed
½ cup grated parmesan, plus extra for sprinkling
2 tsp minced garlic
1 egg, lightly beaten
Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly oil a mini-muffin tin.
Place almonds in a food processor and pulse until roughly ground. Don’t over process or it will turn to almond meal. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
Pulse steamed broccoli florets and stems until finely chopped. Add to almonds with remaining ingredients and mix to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Form spoonfuls of mixture into balls in the palm of your hand. Place morsels into mini-muffin tins. Sprinkle with extra cheese.
Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and crispy on top. Allow to cool slightly, then run a knife around the morsels to release them from tin.
Serve in a wrap with mayo and sweet chilli sauce, or as a side dish. Serves 4-6
This is an extract from Urban Harvest, a special edition from our annual In Your Backyard series. The latest edition, Sustainability Through The Seasons, is on sale on 30 March, 2020.
- A couple’s decades-long mission to save New Zealand’s heritage seeds and fruit trees at the Koanga Institute
- Recipe: Caralee Fontenele’s Banana Bread in a Mug
- A green-thumbed couple transformed their dry block into a perennial food forest and bountiful permaculture farm
- Signs your chickens might have gapeworm PLUS how to treat it
- Autoimmune disorders: These are the common diseases, symptoms and treatments to know