Recipe: Chocolate cranberry oat biscuits
The best biscuits I’ve ever eaten… this was the response I got after art director Yolanta Woldendorp and photographer Sally Tagg bit through one of my birthday biscuits. My mum had sent up a fresh batch for me and they came in handy whilst out on our NZ Lifestyle Block cover shoot. They said I must share the recipe of these crunchy yet chewy and delicious biscuits. So here it is…thanks Mum. – Rebecca Needham
RECIPE: CHOCOLATE CRANBERRY OAT BISCUITS
Makes about 30
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tblsp milk
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Line two baking trays with baking paper. Cream the butter and sugars. Add the egg, vanilla essence and milk, then beat until smooth.
2. Sift together the flour, baking soda and baking powder. Fold into the creamed ingredients and gently combine. Stir in the oats, chocolate chips & cranberries.
3. Place tablespoon-size portions of mixture on the prepared trays, allowing for spreading. Cook for 10-12 minutes until just brown. Remove from the trays after five minutes and allow to cool on a wire rack.
Love this story? Subscribe now!
- How a small Waikato farm harnesses the power of Paulownia, the fastest-growing tree in the world
- A tried and tested Blackboy peach bottling recipe
- Classic baking: Yoyo recipe
- Set designer Megan Vertelle’s upcycled Piha villa is an off-screen showstopper
- New Zealand-designed raincoats receive torrents of praise