Recipe: Chocolate Strawberry Brandy Balls
These decadent little nibbles are not your average truffle.
Recipe: Jane Wrigglesworth
Time: 20 minutes
200g dark chocolate
25g butter, melted
1 egg yolk
2 tbsp brandy
1 cup icing sugar, sifted
dehydrated strawberries, crumbled
Melt chocolate in a double boiler. Remove from heat and add melted butter, egg yolk and brandy. Mix until combined, then add icing sugar.
Mix to a soft, smooth consistency. Roll into balls, then roll the balls in the crumbled, dehydrated strawberry. Keep in fridge until serving.
Love this story? Subscribe now!
- ‘How e-scooters, macaroni cheese and a kowhai helped me save 3.4 tonnes of carbon’: Emma Rawson tackles her carbon footprint with the FutureFit calculator
- How to recognise and treat respiratory problems in chickens
- Signs your chickens might have gapeworm PLUS how to treat it
- Odd reasons your chicken might be lame
- Recipe: Kiri’s Lemon Tart