Recipe: Ruth Pretty’s Kiwifruit, Passionfruit and Mint Salad with Amaretto Dressing
A refreshing and simple dessert. Green or gold kiwifruit, or a mixture of both can be used.
Recipe: Ruth Pretty
Kiwifruit, Passionfruit and Mint Salad
Serves – 2-4
Makes – 475ml
Serves – 12-15
280g (4) kiwifruit (peeled and cut into 5mm dice)
30ml (2 tbsp) Passionfruit Syrup
28g (2 tbsp) ginger in syrup (you find this jarred product in specialty section of supermarket) (cut into 2-3mm dice)
10 mint leaves (finely sliced)
Amaretto Dressing (see below)
In a bowl place kiwifruit, Passionfruit Syrup, ginger and mint.
Stir together and serve in small glasses with Amaretto Dressing.
Serve with fresh fruit salad, grilled bananas or pineapple or bowls of fresh berries.
375ml (1 + 1/2 cups) sour cream
125g (1/2 cup + 2 tbsp) brown sugar
45ml (3 tbsp) Amaretto (almond flavoured liqueur)
Place all ingredients into bowl and whisk till smooth. Store covered in refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- ‘How e-scooters, macaroni cheese and a kowhai helped me save 3.4 tonnes of carbon’: Emma Rawson tackles her carbon footprint with the FutureFit calculator
- How to recognise and treat respiratory problems in chickens
- Signs your chickens might have gapeworm PLUS how to treat it
- Odd reasons your chicken might be lame
- Recipe: Kiri’s Lemon Tart