Recipe: Sticky Pork Ribs with Feijoa Marinade
This feijoa twist on rib marinade is finger lickin’ good.
Words: Jenny Garing
Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes (not including waiting)
1.5kg pork spare ribs
1 cup pureed feijoas, sieved if you prefer
60ml olive oil
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp tomato paste
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp hot English mustard
Salt and pepper to taste
Put all ingredients except the pork into a food processor or blender and combine thoroughly.
Coat the ribs in the marinade and refrigerate for several hours, or overnight.
Spread the ribs on a shallow oven tray and bake at 180°C for about an hour, occasionally brushing them with a thick coating of marinade.
Love this story? Subscribe now!
- ‘How e-scooters, macaroni cheese and a kowhai helped me save 3.4 tonnes of carbon’: Emma Rawson tackles her carbon footprint with the FutureFit calculator
- How to recognise and treat respiratory problems in chickens
- Signs your chickens might have gapeworm PLUS how to treat it
- Odd reasons your chicken might be lame
- Recipe: Kiri’s Lemon Tart