Recipe: Asparagus & Strawberry Salad with Feta
Recipe: Lewis Farms
A simple five-ingredient salad to make summer produce shine.
2 splashes of avocado or olive oil
3 bunches of fresh asparagus
2 large handfuls of fresh strawberries, sliced
splash of balsamic vinegar
freshly ground black pepper
Place a fry pan on a medium heat and add a splash of oil. Once hot, place asparagus spears gently in the pan and cook for about three to five minutes (in two batches), continually moving the pan, so the asparagus cooks evenly. Cool when cooked.
Add another splash of oil to the same pan and then the sliced strawberries. Splash over the balsamic and cook for about two minutes (until slightly caramelized).
Arrange asparagus on a white platter, top with strawberries, sliced avocado and crumbled feta. Finish with freshly ground black pepper.
Serves 6 (as a side)
Love this story? Subscribe now!
- Recipe: Kiri’s Lemon Tart
- The ultimate spring garden guide: All the vegetables to plant to kickstart your garden
- Recipe: Joanna Gaines’ Chicken Florentine
- A Motueka couple’s long road to importing cute, toy-like Valais Blacknose sheep halfway around the world to New Zealand
- Signs your chickens might have gapeworm PLUS how to treat it