Recipe: Dried Citrus Slices
Too much citrus? Dried citrus chips are delicious and store well.
Slice any type of citrus into 3mm thin slices – for consistent thickness, use a mandolin if you have one. If the fruit is particularly sour, sprinkle slices with a little sugar.
Dry in a dehydrator on 60°C, or lay slices on racks on oven trays and bake at 60°C for 4-6 hours – turn the tray every two hours – then leave to cool (this is when they go crisp).
HOW TO USE
1. Add slices to tea or water.
2. Garnish cakes and desserts.
3. Dip in melted chocolate, then leave to dry.
4. Chop and add to muesli mixes, muffins, cakes, bread, soup, stews, or mix into a meat or seafood rub.
5. Dip chips into cinnamon-dusted cream cheese.