Recipe: Geoff’s Stewed Plums, Yoghurt and Cinnamon Meringues
Make a decadent version of an eton mess using summer plums and cinnamon.
Recipe: Geoff Scott Photo Emma Bass
Boil 2 cups red wine and 1 cinnamon stick in a pot until reduced to ½ cup in volume.
Add ½ cup brown sugar and flesh of 8 pitted plums. Gently stew until plums are cooked.
4 egg whites
140g caster sugar
80g brown sugar
½ tsp cinnamon
2 Tbsp chopped hazelnuts
2 cups Greek yoghurt
2 cups whipped cream
Preheat oven to 120°C. To make meringues, place egg whites and both sugars in a metal bowl over a pot of simmering water; stir until sugars dissolve.
Pour into the bowl of a cake mixer and whisk on high speed for 10 minutes. Fold in cinnamon and nuts. Place large scoops onto baking paper and bake for 2 hours. Allow to cool completely.
To assemble, combine Greek yoghurt and whipped cream. Spoon over stewed plums, then crumble meringues on top. Serves 6-8
- ‘How e-scooters, macaroni cheese and a kowhai helped me save 3.4 tonnes of carbon’: Emma Rawson tackles her carbon footprint with the FutureFit calculator
- How to recognise and treat respiratory problems in chickens
- Signs your chickens might have gapeworm PLUS how to treat it
- Odd reasons your chicken might be lame
- 5 tips to drying firewood