Recipe: Mixed berry and apple yoghurt cake
This yummy berry and apple cake can be served warm like a pudding, or cold with lashings of yoghurt.
125g unsalted butter, softened
¼ cup caster sugar
1 cup canned apples
1 cup Mixed Berry Yoghurt
1½ cups self-raising flour
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 large green apple, peeled
2 teaspoons melted butter
1 teaspoon cinnamon sugar
2 tablespoons strawberry jam, warmed and sieved
To serve: Natural Yoghurt and blueberries
Heat oven to 180°C. Grease a 20cm spring form cake tin; line base and sides.
Beat butter and sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy.
Beat in eggs, one at a time, until combined. Stir in canned apples and yoghurt, then fold in flour and cinnamon. Spoon mixture into prepared tin. Smooth surface.
Remove core from apple and cut into thin slices. Arrange slices, slightly overlapping, over the top of cake.
Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
Bake for about 1¼ hours or until cooked through.
Brush with jam.
Stand cake for 5 minutes in tin on a rack before removing tin sides.
Love this story? Subscribe now!
- Taranaki’s host with the most: Nice Hotel owner Terry Parkes transforms an historic home into a maximalist masterpiece
- Signs your chickens might have gapeworm PLUS how to treat it
- Odd reasons your chicken might be lame
- How to recognise and treat respiratory problems in chickens
- Slower walking, ageing fast: Why gait speed may be an ageing indicator