Recipe: Moonshine cocktail with boysenberries & mint
Say cheers to summer with this delicious berry cocktail, part of our Christmas Barbecue Menu.
Recipe by Anthony Hoy Fong
ready in: 10 minutes
1½ cups moonshine
(available from matakanamoonshine.co.nz)
1½ cups lemon juice
9 lemon wedges
¾ cup sugar syrup (equal parts sugar and water, simmered until dissolved and cooled)
24 mint leaves, torn
plus 6 extra to garnish
3 cups ginger beer
2 Tbsp grenadine
6 lemon slices, to garnish
6 fresh mint sprigs, to garnish
1 Place the moonshine, lemon juice, wedges, syrup, torn mint leaves and boysenberries into a large pitcher. Using a wooden spoon, muddle the ingredients for 2-3 minutes until mashed together and pulpy. Add the ginger beer and grenadine and stir gently to combine.
2 Fill small tumblers or mason jars with ice and divide the cocktail mixture evenly among them. Garnish each cocktail with an extra boysenberry, a lemon slice and a sprig of mint.
- ‘How e-scooters, macaroni cheese and a kowhai helped me save 3.4 tonnes of carbon’: Emma Rawson tackles her carbon footprint with the FutureFit calculator
- How to recognise and treat respiratory problems in chickens
- Signs your chickens might have gapeworm PLUS how to treat it
- Odd reasons your chicken might be lame
- Recipe: Kiri’s Lemon Tart