Recipe: Spiced Apple Punch
This recipe comes from my good friend Serena Bass, a cooking-school teacher and caterer based in New York.
Recipe: Ruth Pretty Photos: Murray Lloyd
In summer, try it over ice with a splash of dark rum.
Combine 2 litres apple juice (I use Mela apple juice made in Greytown) and 5 tablespoons cardamom pods in a saucepan.
Cover and bring to a boil, then remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
Add 3 tablespoons finely grated lime zest, cover and refrigerate overnight to infuse. When ready to serve, pour through a sieve and reheat gently.
Pour into fancy glasses and garnish with lime or lemon slices and mint leaves. Makes 1.9 litres
Love this story? Subscribe now!
- A couple’s decades-long mission to save New Zealand’s heritage seeds and fruit trees at the Koanga Institute
- Recipe: Caralee Fontenele’s Banana Bread in a Mug
- A green-thumbed couple transformed their dry block into a perennial food forest and bountiful permaculture farm
- Signs your chickens might have gapeworm PLUS how to treat it
- Autoimmune disorders: These are the common diseases, symptoms and treatments to know