14 comfort food recipes to keep you warm in autumn
Colder weather calls for fragrant curries, nourishing soups, savoury pies and lots of roasties. We’ve got you covered from breakfast all the way to dessert.
A hearty, cafe-quality breakfast burrito worth waking up for.
This warming soup is a tasty way to use up seasonal garden greens.
Strong honey (such as mānuka) permeates this rich and sticky pork dish.
Celebrate cold weather with sweet leeks and hearty potatoes.
Roasting the pumpkin first makes this curry flavourful and naturally sweet.
A savoury, vegetarian pie worthy of a weekend feast.
Take roasties and savoury chicken to new heights with fragrant tarragon butter.
This fragrant curry gets its colour from turmeric, one of the stars of the spice world, and has a hint of sweetness from the coconut.
These gourmet sausage rolls are hearty enough for morning tea, lunch or dinner.
A vegetarian burger that is just as hearty as its meaty counterpart.
Ruth Pretty shares the secret to creating restaurant-quality garlic bread.
A glut of apples is easily transformed with a little brown sugar and pinch of nutmeg.
Turn the Anzac biscuit recipe into the topping for a dessert with a difference.
A North American-style pumpkin pie is easier than you may think.
- ‘How e-scooters, macaroni cheese and a kowhai helped me save 3.4 tonnes of carbon’: Emma Rawson tackles her carbon footprint with the FutureFit calculator
- How to recognise and treat respiratory problems in chickens
- Signs your chickens might have gapeworm PLUS how to treat it
- Odd reasons your chicken might be lame
- 5 tips to drying firewood