Recipe: Chilli lime prawn burrito with coriander slaw
The following recipe is fast, low-fuss and delicious.
Recipe: Cartel Food Company
12 tiger prawns, peeled and deveined
4 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon red chilli, finely chopped
and seeds removed
½ cabbage, finely sliced
1 bunch coriander, chopped (reserve some leaves for garnish)
1 red onion, finely chopped
4 tablespoons mayonnaise or sour cream
4 flour 12” tortillas
2 ripe avocados, sliced
Huffman’s hot sauce and lime wedges, to serve
Combine prawns, 2 tablespoons of the lime juice, the oil and the chilli in a glass bowl. Set aside for 20 minutes to marinate.
To make the slaw, mix cabbage, coriander, red onion, mayonnaise or sour cream and remaining lime juice in a bowl. Season to taste with sea salt. Set aside.
Heat a non-stick fry pan over medium-high heat. Add prawns and cook for 3 minutes each side or until they curl and change colour. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil to keep warm.
Top tortillas with prawns, slaw and slices of avocado. Drizzle with a little hot sauce. Roll up tightly to enclose, leaving one end open. Serve burritos with lime wedges. Makes 4
Read more on how surf-loving foodies Jason and Melissa Philips downsized and relocated to the Wairarapa to give their hand-rolled burrito business the best chance of catching a big break in the link here
Love this story? Subscribe now!
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
- What is a honeyberry? Meet the Nelson couple trialling the odd-looking, nutritious fruit for New Zealand conditions
- Q&A: New Zealand chef Peta Mathias on love, aphrodisiacs and why travel is good for the heart
- Inside a rabbit fur fashion designer’s 10sqm, solar-powered eco cabin in Central Otago
- The Christchurch couple living self-sufficient dream in their half-acre urban garden
- A gin lovin’ couple drink guilt-free with Ecology + Co – their alcohol-free gin with a botanical twist