Recipe: coriander and coconut chutney
This refreshing chutney makes a delicious ﬁlling for vegetarian sandwiches. It can also be used as a dipping sauce for meatballs, kebabs or crudités.
2 cups fresh coriander leaves
1 cup fresh coconut, grated
2 green chillies
½ small onion, finely chopped
1.5cm piece fresh ginger
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
2 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon tamarind paste
2 teaspoons sugar (or to taste)
Salt, to taste
¼ cup warm water
Blend all ingredients into a thick, rough paste. Taste for seasoning – add more tamarind, sugar or salt as required. Serve immediately or keep covered in the fridge for 2–3 days.
Love this story? Subscribe now!
- Make your own beeswax food wraps: updated recipe
- 5 tips to drying firewood
- A diverse lifestyle block: This Rotorua couple's property is home to horses, alpacas and mountain-bike trails
- What is a honeyberry? Meet the Nelson couple trialling the odd-looking, nutritious fruit for New Zealand conditions
- A guide to New Zealand's backyard birds