Recipe: coriander and coconut chutney
This refreshing chutney makes a delicious ﬁlling for vegetarian sandwiches. It can also be used as a dipping sauce for meatballs, kebabs or crudités.
2 cups fresh coriander leaves
1 cup fresh coconut, grated
2 green chillies
½ small onion, finely chopped
1.5cm piece fresh ginger
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
2 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon tamarind paste
2 teaspoons sugar (or to taste)
Salt, to taste
¼ cup warm water
Blend all ingredients into a thick, rough paste. Taste for seasoning – add more tamarind, sugar or salt as required. Serve immediately or keep covered in the fridge for 2–3 days.
Love this story? Subscribe now!
- Taranaki’s host with the most: Nice Hotel owner Terry Parkes transforms an historic home into a maximalist masterpiece
- Signs your chickens might have gapeworm PLUS how to treat it
- Odd reasons your chicken might be lame
- How to recognise and treat respiratory problems in chickens
- Slower walking, ageing fast: Why gait speed may be an ageing indicator