Recipe: Green Bean Salad with Cranberries
Green beans with a tangy cranberry twist, a delicious side from Ruth Pretty’s make-ahead Christmas lunch menu.
Recipe: Ruth Pretty Photo: Carolyn Robertson
100g dried cranberries
100ml orange juice, freshly squeezed and warmed
3 tablespoon white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons dijon mustard
¾ teaspoon flaky sea salt
8 tablespoons olive oil
600g green beans, trimmed
Soak cranberries for 5—10 minutes in the orange juice. Drain the cranberries, reserving 2 tablespoons liquid. Whisk together the vinegar, mustard, salt and reserved cranberry juice. Slowly drizzle in the oil, whisking until it’s emulsified.
Add the beans to a pot of lightly salted boiling for about 2 minutes until tender. Drain immediately and immerse in iced water. Drain again, add the dressing and toss to combine. Scatter the cranberries when serving. Serves 8
Love this story? Subscribe now!
- What is a honeyberry? Meet the Nelson couple trialling the odd-looking, nutritious fruit for New Zealand conditions
- Q&A: New Zealand chef Peta Mathias on love, aphrodisiacs and why travel is good for the heart
- Inside a rabbit fur fashion designer’s 10sqm, solar-powered eco cabin in Central Otago
- The Christchurch couple living self-sufficient dream in their half-acre urban garden
- A gin lovin’ couple drink guilt-free with Ecology + Co – their alcohol-free gin with a botanical twist