Recipe: Green Bean Salad with Cranberries
Green beans with a tangy cranberry twist, a delicious side from Ruth Pretty’s make-ahead Christmas lunch menu.
Recipe: Ruth Pretty Photo: Carolyn Robertson
100g dried cranberries
100ml orange juice, freshly squeezed and warmed
3 tablespoon white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons dijon mustard
¾ teaspoon flaky sea salt
8 tablespoons olive oil
600g green beans, trimmed
Soak cranberries for 5—10 minutes in the orange juice. Drain the cranberries, reserving 2 tablespoons liquid. Whisk together the vinegar, mustard, salt and reserved cranberry juice. Slowly drizzle in the oil, whisking until it’s emulsified.
Add the beans to a pot of lightly salted boiling for about 2 minutes until tender. Drain immediately and immerse in iced water. Drain again, add the dressing and toss to combine. Scatter the cranberries when serving. Serves 8
Love this story? Subscribe now!
- Make your own beeswax food wraps: updated recipe
- Recipe: Ruth Pretty’s Feijoa, Date and Ginger Loaf
- Two great feijoa recipes: Feijoa chutney and feijoa loaf
- How good peach tree pruning can make your tree more productive
- Award-winning Gisborne fishery East Rock looks to the future with transparent and sustainable practices