Recipe: Ruth Pretty’s Spring Greens Salad with Koi Dressing
A simple salad bursting with herbs and Japanese flavour.
Recipe: Ruth Pretty Styling & photos: Carolyn Robertson
12 handfuls mixed, small, green lettuce leaves, include rocket if possible
1 cup mixed soft herbs such as italian parsley, mint, dill or coriander
2 tablespoons chopped chives
Koi Dressing (recipe follows)
Pour ¼ cup of Koi Dressing into salad bowl. Place salad servers into bowl, followed by lettuce, herbs and chives (so they are sitting on the servers). Toss together just before serving.
Put ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp white pepper, 100ml rice wine vinegar and 50ml tamari soy sauce into a clean 750ml bottle. Shake well, then add 500ml grapeseed, rice bran or canola oil with 2 teaspoons sesame oil and one clove crushed garlic. Shake and refrigerate.
Remove from fridge 30 minutes before using. Shake well before use. Makes 660ml
Koi Dressing will keep in the fridge for up to two months. It’s delicious drizzled over blanched Asian greens, raw fish or hot roasted kumara.
Love this story? Subscribe now!
- ‘How e-scooters, macaroni cheese and a kowhai helped me save 3.4 tonnes of carbon’: Emma Rawson tackles her carbon footprint with the FutureFit calculator
- How to recognise and treat respiratory problems in chickens
- Signs your chickens might have gapeworm PLUS how to treat it
- Odd reasons your chicken might be lame
- Recipe: Kiri’s Lemon Tart