The Off-topic book club podcast: My Brilliant Friend
My Brilliant Friend is a rich, intense, and generous-hearted novel about two friends growing up in Naples in the 1950s.
Each month The Off-Topic Book Club sit down for a lighthearted chat about the chosen novel and the discussion is chaired by Cheree Morrison. The club was divided about My Brilliant Friend. Kate and Emma thought it was a beautiful insight into female friendship, while Cheree and Rosemarie believed the story didn’t go anywhere. The club also discuss the mystery behind the author Elena Ferrante, whose identity is unknown.
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST HERE
To never miss an episode of The Off-Topic Book Club, subscribe to our podcast in iTunes or in Stitcher app for android. For our next book club we will be reviewing The Couple Next Door by Shari Lapena.
- How a small Waikato farm harnesses the power of Paulownia, the fastest-growing tree in the world
- A tried and tested Blackboy peach bottling recipe
- Classic baking: Yoyo recipe
- Set designer Megan Vertelle’s upcycled Piha villa is an off-screen showstopper
- New Zealand-designed raincoats receive torrents of praise